Patrons have several options for how to receive notifications that items placed on hold are available. These options are set when a patron signs up for a library card. They can be changed at any time by calling the Central Library at 330-674-5972.
- By email. We need to have a valid email address on file for your library card in order to use this option (if you already get your notices via email, your service will not change). Email notices are sent out automatically at the end of each business day.
- By SMS text messaging. This requires a mobile device that can receive text messages. Standard data rates may apply. If you have issues with receiving text messaging, especially on a pre-paid phone, please check our SMS Troubleshooting page.
- By phone call. If we do not have an email address on file for your library card account, a staff member will call the phone number listed in your account information between the hours of 9:00am and 8:00pm. Due to the number of items placed on hold each day, we will only be able to call ONCE. We will leave a voice mail message if possible, stating that an item or items are waiting for pickup at a specific location and for how long those items will be held for pickup. No specific item information will be shared, and no other library business will be conducted as part of this process.
Remember, you can view your holds online using the online catalog’s “My Account” features. The online catalog can be accessed here: https://ohio.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/hco/. If you do not have computer access, you may also phone the library to inquire about the status of your items on hold.
Overdue notices will be sent via email, SMS (text), or standard mail if neither email nor SMS are available.
Patrons can now receive automatic notifications for upcoming library programs and events. Below are instructions and options for signing up.
Text one or more of the following codes (one at a time) to 81010 for text notifications of upcoming programs and events:
- @hcdpl for Adult programs & events
- @teenserv for Teen programs & events
- @csdservice for Children’s programs & events
- @eastbranch for programs & events happening at the East Branch
For email notifications, click the link below corresponding to the event type(s) that you would like to subscribe. You will be taken to a link to enter your name and the email address that you would like to use to sign up.