First, we are going to test to see if you can receive SMS text notices or not.
- Test your cell phone by using the “Text it to me” feature on our online catalog: https://ohio.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/hco/. Here’s how:
- Go to https://ohio.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/hco/.
- Click on the “Search” button to do an item search in the catalog. You can leave the search field empty.
- To the right of each item in your search results, there will be a blue button that says “Text This To Me“. Click that button.
- You will then be presented with box asking for your Phone Number, Mobile Carrier, and possibly several choices for which item you want. Fill out the phone # and select your Mobile Carrier from the drop down box, and then select any of the items. Click the “Text This To Me“.
- You should receive a confirmation box confirming that the item information has been texted to you. Please note that standard text messaging rates will apply. This does not text the entire item, only information about the item.
If you DO receive a text from [email protected] (may take up to a minute) and you are having issues receiving notifications, do the following to ensure that no blocks are set on your cell phone number:
- Send a text message with only the word oplin to the number 76000.
If you DO NOT recieve a text message from [email protected] after at least 1 minute, do the following:
- Call your prepaid phone support and ask them to turn ALERTS ON for that number. This cannot be done via the device; it needs to be done by the company.
Prepaid cell phone settings often allow text messages from individuals, but not from companies (to ensure that your texting minutes are not used up by receiving spam, etc.). When ALERTS are turned on, all SMS text messages will be received. This should resolve any issues with receiving notifications via text on a prepaid cell phone. If you have any problems, or just need help, you may contact the library at 330-674-5972 or ask our help desk in person.