You are invited to explore The Holmes County District Public Library’s fast Internet network using your own laptop computer or wireless-enabled device. Free access is provided during regular business hours in most public seating areas in select WiFi-enabled library locations.
Simply connect your wireless device to the Library Wireless network and then launch your device’s Web browser to access the network.
Limitations and Disclaimers
Holmes County District Public Library is providing wireless access as a public service free of charge subject to the terms and conditions of use as follows.
- Wireless access is provided to the public as a service free of charge on an “as is” basis with no guarantee and no warranty.
- The Internet Use Policy of the Holmes County District Public Library applies to any use of the wireless access service.
- Information passing through the Library’s wireless access is not secured and could be monitored, captured, or altered by others.
- It is the patron’s sole responsibility to protect his/her information from all risks associated with using the Internet, including any damage, loss, or theft that may occur as a result of my use of the Library wireless access.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance and assumes no responsibility for laptop configurations, security or changes to data files resulting from connection to the Library’s network.
- The Library assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment; users must keep their equipment with them at all times and may only use electrical outlets at public tables.
- In using this free Internet access, the patron agrees and hereby releases, indemnifies, and holds harmless, the Holmes County District Public Library and its employees from any damage that may result in my use of this wireless access.
- While using this wireless access, the patron acknowledges that he/she is subject to, and agrees to abide by all laws, and all rules and regulations of any applicable Local Governments, the State of Ohio and the federal government that is applicable to Internet use.
- You will need a WiFi-compliant 802.11n wireless Ethernet adapter installed in your laptop or wireless device in order to gain access.
- Use a web browser, such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Set your TCP client software to obtain addresses automatically from a server.